Watch out Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, Dell, and HP. There's a new reassuringly dull certificate in town, and it's coming for your devs. Amazon Web Services has launched a global certfication program so that technologists can get something to stick on their CV and use as a lever to extract more cash from current and future employers …
Weighting of the topics
I love how the "Data Security" topic is 10% of the exam score but has ~20 bullet points under it, and "Designing highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, scalable systems" is 60% and has 9 bullet points under it.
I won't be sitting the AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam any time soon, but I hope it is worth more than some of the other vendor courses I took which turned out to be "here is our product data sheet, regurgitate it without showing any understanding of the contents"
And if you buy now, we'll give you free shipping on your printed certificate!
I wonder if IT professionals will find a way to put this certification on their Amazon wish lists......
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base