Feeds

back to article Reduxio plots 'revolutionary' hybrid array tech: It will need it

You've got to be an optimist to found a startup, especially when you come from one that crashed and burned. Three such optimists have risen from the ashes of scale-out filer startup Exanet and started up scale-out hybrid flash firm Reduxio. As reported by Globes, the CEO, Mark Weiner, and co-founders Nir Peleg and Amnon Strasser …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
K
Bronze badge

Whats the point?

The established vendors have already moved into this market (or in the process). I have an EMC hybrid array, which cost me less than any of the arrays from the named start-ups, but it also comes with a guarantee the manufacturer will still be around in 3 years and the box still supported.

The only way I would purchase from a start-up is

a) if they offered something cutting edge which I could not get from an established vendor

b) they came in at such a ridiculously low price, that I could afford to buy 2 units

There is the argument that they are simply developing the technology and waiting to be brought out, but as El Reg points out, that ship has sailed.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Whats the point?

K -- They can give you 2 units for the price of one and offering you cutting edge that you can't get from an established vendor. DUR....

Anonymous Coward

AC - You forgot to finish your sentence.

"DUR... My brains not working, I tink I'm stooped".

Absolutely, that is really observant of you.

Anonymous Coward

Sheet brotha. Why are you so observant?

Facepalm

Voo-va-Voo!

They deserve to go bust for coming up with another of those risible cod-Latin business names. Oh well. Could be worse. At least they didn't opt for Reduxio Solutions.

This topic is closed for new posts.