LSI's latest results paint a gloomy picture for the storage giant, revealing both its revenues and profits were down last quarter. Revenues for LSI's first fiscal 2013 quarter, ended March 31, were down to $569m. They were $600m in the previous quarter, a 5 per cent fall. A year ago revenues were up at the $622m mark, meaning …
Get in to the flash biz
LSI should invest more in either becoming a system vendor with more value add than what Engenio did or they should figure out a way to commoditize the flash overlay (or they could just buy Skyera). For the real HW folks reading: is PCIe (NVMe) a more cost effective and way to connect flash to a system versus SAS? Is there a need to rethink the SSD paradigm?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base