LSI's latest results paint a gloomy picture for the storage giant, revealing both its revenues and profits were down last quarter. Revenues for LSI's first fiscal 2013 quarter, ended March 31, were down to $569m. They were $600m in the previous quarter, a 5 per cent fall. A year ago revenues were up at the $622m mark, meaning …
Get in to the flash biz
LSI should invest more in either becoming a system vendor with more value add than what Engenio did or they should figure out a way to commoditize the flash overlay (or they could just buy Skyera). For the real HW folks reading: is PCIe (NVMe) a more cost effective and way to connect flash to a system versus SAS? Is there a need to rethink the SSD paradigm?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...