Platform-as-a-service provider AppFog is evaporating its cloudy bridge to Rackspace due to poor customer demand, in yet another case of the fluffy industry coming to terms with hard business realities. AppFog provides an application infrastructure automation service – otherwise known as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) – that lets …
The cloud industry is young and usually optimistic
Cloud providers have been peddling their warez as if its some kind of wonder drug, almost reminds me of the quacks you see in cowboy films "selling their amazing elixirs that cures all known ailments". Hopefully a few more adjustments like this will knock some reality into them.
fact checking much
Engine Yard already deploys on the Terremark cloud as well as the Amazon cloud.
I'd be nervous of a "shutdown -F now" coming soon to a .... near you.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats
- Mozilla fixes CRITICAL security holes in Firefox, urges v31 upgrade