back to article Samsung to block mobile app store in Iran as sanctions bite

Samsung is blocking access to its mobile app store in Iran from next month, an action believed to be part of international sanctions over the Islamic republic’s nuclear program. Customers of the Korean tech giant in Iran received notification on Wednesday night by email that the online marketplace would be out of action as of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Sidestepping Sanctions

They'll have to learn how to sideload apps. It's not difficult.

While atomic technology is stated as the justification for putting on sanctions against Iran, I haven't heard of any circumstance whatsoever that would lead to us, meaning mainly rich Christian countries led by the U.S., taking the sanctions off again. I suppose that mass spontaneous conversion of the population to Christianity might do it, but I'm not sure even then. Overthrowing a vile and corrupt regime that is a tool of America is generally never forgiven. Which is odd, because aren't Christians supposed to forgive? Well, I suppose that's their own business.

Meanwhile, the Christian-backed rebels in Syria are now selling us oil! Hooray! That'll keep our cars running. It makes their sacrifices worthwhile - those so far and those to come when we declare war on them for being Muslims.

Anonymous Coward

Which App Store?

Google Play or Samsung App's (or whatever name it goes by)

Personally if it's the latter I'd be happy if they blocked it over here too.

It's a complete pile of crap and full of the most useless rubbish imaginable.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums