Bezos & Co's cloud looks likely to turn over at least $2bn in 2013 and potentially much more – a fact sure to put the frighteners on traditional IT suppliers scrabbling to come up with their own as-a-service infrastructure products. Amazon recorded revenues of $750m within its "Other" category in the first quarter of 2013, up $ …
I wonder how much UK GOV have added to Amazon's income?
Re: Wandering lonely
You mean shifting from crummy local Windows infrastructure to scalable, efficient open-source stack?
I never really understood why Amazon have their own branded credit card. It doesn't seem to fit in with their other products and they seem relatively focused on their target markets (unlike Tesco for example). Other than a bit of extra cash, is there some good business logic for doing this?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad