Bezos & Co's cloud looks likely to turn over at least $2bn in 2013 and potentially much more – a fact sure to put the frighteners on traditional IT suppliers scrabbling to come up with their own as-a-service infrastructure products. Amazon recorded revenues of $750m within its "Other" category in the first quarter of 2013, up $ …
I wonder how much UK GOV have added to Amazon's income?
Re: Wandering lonely
You mean shifting from crummy local Windows infrastructure to scalable, efficient open-source stack?
I never really understood why Amazon have their own branded credit card. It doesn't seem to fit in with their other products and they seem relatively focused on their target markets (unlike Tesco for example). Other than a bit of extra cash, is there some good business logic for doing this?
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Lollipop unwrapped: Chromium WebView will update via Google Play