Software AG has acquired LongJump, an enterprise-focused company that develops a platform-as-a-service which lets folk build applications without knowing how to code. The acquisition, whose terms were not dislosed, was announced on Thursday. It will see the MySQL-based technology be knitted into other components of Software AG's …
When I was a lad!!
Pity you couldn't get a B in there (ADABAS), I seem to recall Software AG having one they made earlier.
Re: When I was a lad!!
I guess that also puts paid to my plan for Basic Application Development As Software Service (BADASS).
Yea, I remember Case Tools.
What a disaster.
Good luck with that.
I can't figure it out...
Germans make amazing, wonderful products (Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc.).
They're also responsible for SAP.
"lets folk build applications without knowing how to code"
I've witnessed a few website like that already.
I'm pretty sure you don't need a very expensive software development package to do it either.
"The Last One"
Anyone else remember "The Last One" (circa early 80s) - A BASIC code generator that meant you'd never need to write another line of code again? And all the various 4GLs and CASE tools that came afterwards? And here we are, still churning out the code....plus ça change...
Long Jump has *not* been "borged"
The correct German word is "Assimilated."
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE