Jubilant Manchester United fans have celebrated Robin van Persie's astonishing hat trick by bombarding an Indian IT consultant with congratulatory tweets. Despite a picture that clearly shows him to be a bespectacled middle-aged Indian man rather than the slick-haired striker, football fans have mistaken Ravi Visvesvaraya …
Who'd have thought there would be more than one individual in the world with the initials "RVP"?
Certainly not me.
looks like they are now outsourcing twatterizing too
Can't be Man Utd fans
"He has now become something of a Twitter star, with a suspiciously large number of followers from Manchester."
Hang on, all the Man U fans live in Surrey and Asia !
At least they didn't also accuse him of setting off bombs in Boston.
I don't think Robin Van Persie is his real name. He changed it from Thieving Van Penis.
Note to the confused: I'm channelling an old Dick Van Dyke joke here...
Trust a footie fan to balls it up! Not the brightest of stars in the galaxy!
I know, right? Would you believe not a *single* tennis fan has been dumb enough to send this guy a tweet, but these football fans - they're just useless!
Just change your Twitter handle. Not that big of a deal.
monetise the twits
he should just start twittering pay-per-click links.
A TLA is about the the level of comprehension of a Manchester United fan. Why do you think they call it Man Utd? Most off them probably don't even realise they support a Manchester team so it's hardly worth the effort of Mr Prassad to explain that RVP could possibly be anything other than their idol.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?