Pivotal wants to build and sell the systems that run Google, but though its ambition may be bold, its claims are as yet more visions than statements of fact. At a packed press event in San Francisco on Wednesday Pivotal executives unveiled their plans for the company, which aims to bring the sorts of technologies and techniques …
Nice concept and all, but it isn't a revolution, it's an evolution and they aren't the only ones building a cloud platform.. yeah, yeah, we're different..uh huh. As for a "packed" venue.. um, it was a puny venue and the twitter feeds were rigged .. oh, look, Paul Maritz just said " orders of magnitude" .. ohp and Scott McNeely just tweeted a Big Data announcement for the 50th time. Very lame. They didn't have enough interest for others to generate tweets, so they did it themselves. It was really kind of boring and it would have been nice if the people watching the presentation feed could have seen the slides in addition to the talking heads and the people moving around behind them - what's up with that? A major announcement from the cafeteria? . Low budgets will do that kind of shit to ya. You'll notice there was no mention of price. It won't be cheap and it WILL be buggy for a long time.
This day after day bombardment of El Reg articles promoting "Cloud" is getting a just a teensy bit repetitive now.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base