PCIe flash industry leader Fusion-io has bought a startup: hybrid flash/disk array vendor NexGen, paying $114m in cash and $5m in stock. NexGen, founded in 2010 by its CEO John Spiers and CTO Kelly Long, uses Fusion-io flash cards in its n5 arrays which are sold to small and medium enterprises. It has total funding, that we know …
So ... who's next?
This sounds like a firesale to me, $119M. Then there's Starboard Storage who have put themselves up for sale recently.
Who's next to go for a cheap deal? Tintri? Tegile? Nutanix? Or any one of the all-flash vendors in their overcrowded market?
Place your bets now ...
Re: So ... who's next?
I've got IBM taking Tintri for $300M...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs