PCIe flash industry leader Fusion-io has bought a startup: hybrid flash/disk array vendor NexGen, paying $114m in cash and $5m in stock. NexGen, founded in 2010 by its CEO John Spiers and CTO Kelly Long, uses Fusion-io flash cards in its n5 arrays which are sold to small and medium enterprises. It has total funding, that we know …
So ... who's next?
This sounds like a firesale to me, $119M. Then there's Starboard Storage who have put themselves up for sale recently.
Who's next to go for a cheap deal? Tintri? Tegile? Nutanix? Or any one of the all-flash vendors in their overcrowded market?
Place your bets now ...
Re: So ... who's next?
I've got IBM taking Tintri for $300M...
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops