PCIe flash industry leader Fusion-io has bought a startup: hybrid flash/disk array vendor NexGen, paying $114m in cash and $5m in stock. NexGen, founded in 2010 by its CEO John Spiers and CTO Kelly Long, uses Fusion-io flash cards in its n5 arrays which are sold to small and medium enterprises. It has total funding, that we know …
So ... who's next?
This sounds like a firesale to me, $119M. Then there's Starboard Storage who have put themselves up for sale recently.
Who's next to go for a cheap deal? Tintri? Tegile? Nutanix? Or any one of the all-flash vendors in their overcrowded market?
Place your bets now ...
Re: So ... who's next?
I've got IBM taking Tintri for $300M...
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it