PCIe flash industry leader Fusion-io has bought a startup: hybrid flash/disk array vendor NexGen, paying $114m in cash and $5m in stock. NexGen, founded in 2010 by its CEO John Spiers and CTO Kelly Long, uses Fusion-io flash cards in its n5 arrays which are sold to small and medium enterprises. It has total funding, that we know …
So ... who's next?
This sounds like a firesale to me, $119M. Then there's Starboard Storage who have put themselves up for sale recently.
Who's next to go for a cheap deal? Tintri? Tegile? Nutanix? Or any one of the all-flash vendors in their overcrowded market?
Place your bets now ...
Re: So ... who's next?
I've got IBM taking Tintri for $300M...
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY