Google announced an impressive start for its fiscal 2013 on Thursday, reporting first-quarter revenues of $13.97bn – an eyebrow-raising 31 per cent increase from the same quarter last year. That growth was perhaps not quite so remarkable, however, when you consider that the online ad giant also pulled in $14.42bn in Q4 of 2012 …
Just what do they want with Motorola? I know there's tax profits to be had from all the losses it made before they bought it, and patents to hit people over the head with. But it's still making them an ongoing loss of $1billion per year, and cost $10bn to start with. You'd have thought if they were just going to take the bits they wanted, they'd have sold it on by now, but they've had it long enough that some sort of plan might ought to be emerging by now.
Google = 1 trick pony. I hope a better search engine does not come along.....that would remove 92% of their revenue......
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it