Facebook has heaped pressure on major data center operators to be more transparent, publishing a dashboard that gives up-to-the-minute figures on the efficiency of the social network's gigantic bit barns. The dashboards for the company's Prineville, Oregon, and Forest City, North Carolina, datacenters were made available on …
The link from Google's PUE link goes into some detail about what they include in their overhead, including things like power substation losses. Does Facebook's slightly smaller PUE include all of that as well? If it only includes overhead inside the building, then it isn't a fair comparison.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops