Facebook has heaped pressure on major data center operators to be more transparent, publishing a dashboard that gives up-to-the-minute figures on the efficiency of the social network's gigantic bit barns. The dashboards for the company's Prineville, Oregon, and Forest City, North Carolina, datacenters were made available on …
The link from Google's PUE link goes into some detail about what they include in their overhead, including things like power substation losses. Does Facebook's slightly smaller PUE include all of that as well? If it only includes overhead inside the building, then it isn't a fair comparison.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe