Facebook has heaped pressure on major data center operators to be more transparent, publishing a dashboard that gives up-to-the-minute figures on the efficiency of the social network's gigantic bit barns. The dashboards for the company's Prineville, Oregon, and Forest City, North Carolina, datacenters were made available on …
The link from Google's PUE link goes into some detail about what they include in their overhead, including things like power substation losses. Does Facebook's slightly smaller PUE include all of that as well? If it only includes overhead inside the building, then it isn't a fair comparison.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…