Facebook has heaped pressure on major data center operators to be more transparent, publishing a dashboard that gives up-to-the-minute figures on the efficiency of the social network's gigantic bit barns. The dashboards for the company's Prineville, Oregon, and Forest City, North Carolina, datacenters were made available on …
The link from Google's PUE link goes into some detail about what they include in their overhead, including things like power substation losses. Does Facebook's slightly smaller PUE include all of that as well? If it only includes overhead inside the building, then it isn't a fair comparison.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan