Another database and data warehousing vendor has adopted InfiniBand as its backbone for data transmission. While upgrading the x86 iron inside its Active Enterprise Data Warehouse appliance and rolling out a new data mart server, Teradata said it was ditching its proprietary networking hardware and moving its homegrown Bynet …
"InfiniBand allows for as much as 20 times faster communication between the nodes thanks to the low latency built into the alternatives to Ethernet "
People used to talk about the lower latency of Fibre Channel compared to Ethernet too before converged Ethernet came along and now it's not trendy anymore. RoCE will arrive next year and RDMA latency will stop being trendy too at which point everyone will suddenly want Infiniband over Ethernet (RoCE).
<oldman>I remember when....quality was the number one selling point </oldman>
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab