Oracle is issuing a hefty patch batch that seals 128 serious security vulnerabilities across the database company's vast product suite. The Critical Patch Update for April 2013 is due to come out on Tuesday and "Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply Critical Patch Update fixes as soon as possible," the company warns. …
Makes Microsoft look like beginners.
Well, to be fair there are 32 products in the list so on average it would be 4 per product.
That just leaves 1,234,123,867 more vulnerabilities left to squash in Java.
All pun aside...
One has to wonder; are these recent vulnerabilities or does this also include stuff from, I dunno, 2010 or so ?
They always announce this like it's a good thing
Hey gauys, we finally fixed a few hundered security vulnerabilities. Yeah yeah we know they shouldn't be there in the first place, but they're gone now so you should be happy right? That is until we find another 100 or os. It's like selling you a car and then a month later going "Oh hey we finallu fixed that whole breaks don't work issue" "Wait the breaks didn't work? Why did you sell me the car!?" "Hey relax guy, they work now."
Someone has a sense of humour then!
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it