Hewlett-Packard says it is enabling OpenStack users to connect to two of its Fibre Channel and iSCSI-access storage arrays. OpenStack is the NASA and Rackspace-initiated open-source platform for building an infrastructure cloud. The build-yer-own platform has both compute and storage controller components and aims to lower …
OptenStack the next "Linux"?
It looks like OpenStack is headed towards being the "Linux" of the virtual machine world. As an open source alternative to VMWare, complete with all those storage interfaces and software stacks like Ceph and Swift for storage appliances, it looks to be on a catapult to greatness.
You have to wonder what the Big Iron companies do for an encore if they embrace freeware so handily. Hardware id done by China, software stacks are free...is it service and support...no, that's offshored to India!
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan