Entries are now open for a $AU50,000 CSIRO and industry-sponsored competition to foster broadband application development. The prize is designed to spark the development of applications that take advantage of the kind of connectedness envisaged under the NBN, the agency says. Through its Australian Centre for Broadband …
The election will bugger that idea.
I presume they mean the FTTP NBN and not the FTTN NBN.
Re: The election will bugger that idea.
I doubt there are many applications that will work at 100 mbps that will not also work at 25-50 mbps.
One might perhaps be 3D 4K TV, but I'm certainly not interested in subsidising it, since adding more pixels will not make Australian TV any less crap than it currently is.
The Lib Nat coalition has announced a 5 shilling competition, winner takes all.
Design a new telegraph system using copper.
Entries on papyrus, quill only, no fountain pen.
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS