Entries are now open for a $AU50,000 CSIRO and industry-sponsored competition to foster broadband application development. The prize is designed to spark the development of applications that take advantage of the kind of connectedness envisaged under the NBN, the agency says. Through its Australian Centre for Broadband …
The election will bugger that idea.
I presume they mean the FTTP NBN and not the FTTN NBN.
Re: The election will bugger that idea.
I doubt there are many applications that will work at 100 mbps that will not also work at 25-50 mbps.
One might perhaps be 3D 4K TV, but I'm certainly not interested in subsidising it, since adding more pixels will not make Australian TV any less crap than it currently is.
The Lib Nat coalition has announced a 5 shilling competition, winner takes all.
Design a new telegraph system using copper.
Entries on papyrus, quill only, no fountain pen.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix