Look out, Amazon Web Services. Rackspace is cloning its own cloudy service – and to quote Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, it's "comin' to getcha." Way back when, Rackspace Hosting teamed up with NASA to create the OpenStack community precisely to leverage the smarts and excitement of the open source community to take on the closed and …
Not too much to worry about
Amazon will be able to beat them on price. Rackspace are notoriously expensive.
That's why the roads are full of Skodas, price is the only consideration. /s
Conflict of interests, no? Federated clouds has a serious opportunity to level the playing field, but how can Rackspace compete as an individual provider while also claiming to enable their competition? More thoughts here: http://bit.ly/15j186n
Director of Marketing
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...