Look out, Amazon Web Services. Rackspace is cloning its own cloudy service – and to quote Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, it's "comin' to getcha." Way back when, Rackspace Hosting teamed up with NASA to create the OpenStack community precisely to leverage the smarts and excitement of the open source community to take on the closed and …
Not too much to worry about
Amazon will be able to beat them on price. Rackspace are notoriously expensive.
That's why the roads are full of Skodas, price is the only consideration. /s
Conflict of interests, no? Federated clouds has a serious opportunity to level the playing field, but how can Rackspace compete as an individual provider while also claiming to enable their competition? More thoughts here: http://bit.ly/15j186n
Director of Marketing
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market