Look out, Amazon Web Services. Rackspace is cloning its own cloudy service – and to quote Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady, it's "comin' to getcha." Way back when, Rackspace Hosting teamed up with NASA to create the OpenStack community precisely to leverage the smarts and excitement of the open source community to take on the closed and …
Not too much to worry about
Amazon will be able to beat them on price. Rackspace are notoriously expensive.
That's why the roads are full of Skodas, price is the only consideration. /s
Conflict of interests, no? Federated clouds has a serious opportunity to level the playing field, but how can Rackspace compete as an individual provider while also claiming to enable their competition? More thoughts here: http://bit.ly/15j186n
Director of Marketing
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad