Chinese search giant Baidu has opened the doors to a new research facility in Google’s back yard where it’s hoping to tap the local talent to consolidate early mover advantage in the burgeoning field of “deep learning”. The Cupertino-based Institute of Deep Learning (IDL) is the Silicon Valley counterpart of another facility …
... is home to one of the largest ethnic Chinese populations in the Valley (I think about 20% of all residents claim Chinese heritage). The execs who come over won't be without a good place to eat or people to talk to... Sounds like a trivial thing, but getting key staff to move abroad and be happy to stay abroad is one of the biggest challenges in setting up offshore offices.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs