Chinese search giant Baidu has opened the doors to a new research facility in Google’s back yard where it’s hoping to tap the local talent to consolidate early mover advantage in the burgeoning field of “deep learning”. The Cupertino-based Institute of Deep Learning (IDL) is the Silicon Valley counterpart of another facility …
... is home to one of the largest ethnic Chinese populations in the Valley (I think about 20% of all residents claim Chinese heritage). The execs who come over won't be without a good place to eat or people to talk to... Sounds like a trivial thing, but getting key staff to move abroad and be happy to stay abroad is one of the biggest challenges in setting up offshore offices.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp