Chinese search giant Baidu has opened the doors to a new research facility in Google’s back yard where it’s hoping to tap the local talent to consolidate early mover advantage in the burgeoning field of “deep learning”. The Cupertino-based Institute of Deep Learning (IDL) is the Silicon Valley counterpart of another facility …
... is home to one of the largest ethnic Chinese populations in the Valley (I think about 20% of all residents claim Chinese heritage). The execs who come over won't be without a good place to eat or people to talk to... Sounds like a trivial thing, but getting key staff to move abroad and be happy to stay abroad is one of the biggest challenges in setting up offshore offices.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS