Chinese search giant Baidu has opened the doors to a new research facility in Google’s back yard where it’s hoping to tap the local talent to consolidate early mover advantage in the burgeoning field of “deep learning”. The Cupertino-based Institute of Deep Learning (IDL) is the Silicon Valley counterpart of another facility …
... is home to one of the largest ethnic Chinese populations in the Valley (I think about 20% of all residents claim Chinese heritage). The execs who come over won't be without a good place to eat or people to talk to... Sounds like a trivial thing, but getting key staff to move abroad and be happy to stay abroad is one of the biggest challenges in setting up offshore offices.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!