back to article Amazon cloud gobbles Microsoft data

Admins of data centers virtualized using Hyper-V can now mirror data up into the AWS cloud, making Bezos & Co.'s big yellow repository a more tempting proposition for Microsoft shops. This new feature means that Amazon's "Storage Gateway" technology can now speak to Windows-virtualized systems as well as ones based on VMware's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Anonymous Coward

Re: Azure announcement - they managed to get it back online

"It's quite amusing that a book seller is showing MS how to do IT."

This is a long way behind what Microsoft offer. System Centre App Managr can migrate VMs to / from the Azure cloud. Not just provide remotely accessible storage.

Anonymous Coward

It's quite amusing that you profess to know that MS is terrible, yet you continually go all out to prove that your knowledge of MS' products and services is utterly lamentable.

Just keep shouting though, it makes people really want to use Linux, no really.

Curious that the man who saw his parents murdered by Microsoft would cheer Amazon's support of what is no doubt an excellent and therefore widely adopted Microsoft technology

Anonymous Coward

StorSimple

Curious how this compares with MSFT's StorSimple solution which was required last year.

Thumb Up

How can my data be protected and compliant

I really like that "You can use the Storage Gateway to marry your existing on-premises storage systems with the AWS cloud for backup, departmental file share storage, or disaster recovery,"

How can my data be protected and compliant to US State laws, PCI DSS and HIPAA / HITECH?

Ulf Mattsson, CTO Protegrity

Silver badge

Re: How can my data be protected and compliant

Not everyone holds cc or healthcare data, and the cloud isn't the be-all and end-all of computing, so that's a relief!

Actually, I'm not sure why you'd hold healthcare data in a flexi-cloud. If you don't know target data size in those markets, you've got bigger problems than governance!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums