back to article Obama boosts military, 'black' and spook cyber forces

US President Barack Obama wants to increase spending on cyber security in his proposed budget for the fiscal year 2014, which starts in October. Obama said that he wanted to increase the military cyber forces led by the US Cyber Command and bump up funding for cyber security information sharing in the Department of Defense ( …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

44 million is a drop in the bucket to the US and will result in pork barrel politics.

Most of that will go to a consultant to write a report on security, which will be ignored. Then when they want results, they will be told they need more money.

The US Gov is the only entity that can spend 2 billion dollars on something and end up in worse shape.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

"The US Gov is the only entity that can spend 2 billion dollars on something and end up in worse shape."

You're forgetting about FaceBook investors...

2. Gray
    Facepalm

Cyber whaaaa???

The cyberPrez seekz cyberBux for cyberForce ramp-up? More cyberSpookz? More cyberBootz? More ... more ... camoForce bulletz bombz cyberMorphed to cyberNation cyberGuard? Maybe now we pray for Great cyberWall of aMerika?

(And I just got over the creepy feelin' of learning that the IRS considers itself entitled to all eMail once its been opened, but why bother waiting when they also claim that all the Internet is legally open to them?)

Is that the CyberBama Budget? We've cyberCracked ourselves, and he needs more foot soldiers to ramp up the Harvest?

3. Don Jefe
    Pint

Budgets

I can't stand all the press coverage that party and presidential budgets get. They have precisely zero meaning other than placating core constituents & paying lip service to those who didn't give enough at the office to actually get anything done. Nothing in them is legally binding or even remotely possible. It's just a bunch of shit.

Beer, because our politicians make me want to stay drunk.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Errm...

Why has Halliburton been paid over a billion to build all those concentration camps?

1. Don Jefe

Re: Errm...

That money comes from the Congressional Budget which hasn't been based on party or presidential budgets in many decades.

2. YARR
        Alert

Concentration camps

Why has Halliburton been paid over a billion to build all those concentration camps?

A: To accommodate millions of desperate, armed US citizens fleeing the first city targeted by a terrorist nuclear bomb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1572769/

4. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Nerds? Bah!

Will they never learn? Geeks are what you want in your military. They're the most powerful weapon in the world.

(Hey, I thought we could do with a change from xkcd now and then.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like