Feeds

back to article Take a deep breath: No NORKS panic for ICT supply chain … yet

It’s business as usual for the ICT supply chain in Asia despite heightened tensions on the Korean peninsula which have now seen the de facto closure of the symbolic Kaesŏng industrial zone, according to market watchers. The Reg has had its ear to the ground across the region to see if the recent escalation in threatening …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Mushroom

Norks now telling foreigners to evacuate South Korea

<-- That's why! Can we panic now?

Anonymous Coward

Re: Norks now telling foreigners to evacuate South Korea

Surely we need someone with substantial experience of dealing with demanding Norks involved - say Jordan for instance?

Pint

Relax

They couldn't organise a nuke in a dictatorship.

They might as well divide the warhead between 20 000 schoolboy catapults.

Silver badge
Unhappy

Re: Relax

The question is whether they're sane, mad, or totally rabid.

Mad means they are trying to put a nuke onto a missile and (I hope) failing, while their country rots and starves.

Rabid means that they've hidden the nuke in a container that's been reloaded and relabelled a couple of times in third-world ports with lousy security, and which is shortly going to be delivered to the USA.

Relax - only because it's one of those things like cancer or a pIanet-busting asteroid that I can't do anything much about.

Bronze badge
Facepalm

Kaesŏng - Full Of Win

The Kaesŏng industrial zone? It's a good for everybody, isn't it?

The North gets tax revenue and the South gets 53,000 North Korean workers earning $160 per month making stuff in textile factories. Well, they don't really earn that much.

Suddenly, a job making iPhones in Foxconn look like a cushy number...

HMB
Bronze badge

Norks

I keep thinking the Register is using racial slurs against people from Norfolk, just for a moment.

This topic is closed for new posts.