Caching software startup VeloBit came to our notice as a provider of server flash caching software that could turn bog-standard commodity SSDs into Fusion-io-class flash caches. Now it's using its software with added tweaks to turn ordinary servers into VDI drag racers with the highest-access VDI data, like master VM images, …
"Everything faster than everything"
Wasn't that a song by MeatLoaf?
Segment versus consolidate
With VMware and Citrix offering native caching solutions with View Storage Appliance and PVS, does it make sense to do any host based caching outside of these (Greenbytes, VeloBit etc)? Why wouldn't you want to just go with a solution that has the performance chops and storage capacity to handle VDI + user files while using VMware and Citrix's solution. This makes the case for hybrid solutions such as Netapp FAS + Flashcache, EMC VNX + FAST, Nimble and Tintri's offering. That seems like a more scalable and cost effective approach. Flash alone for the datacenter is pricey.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests