Caching software startup VeloBit came to our notice as a provider of server flash caching software that could turn bog-standard commodity SSDs into Fusion-io-class flash caches. Now it's using its software with added tweaks to turn ordinary servers into VDI drag racers with the highest-access VDI data, like master VM images, …
"Everything faster than everything"
Wasn't that a song by MeatLoaf?
Segment versus consolidate
With VMware and Citrix offering native caching solutions with View Storage Appliance and PVS, does it make sense to do any host based caching outside of these (Greenbytes, VeloBit etc)? Why wouldn't you want to just go with a solution that has the performance chops and storage capacity to handle VDI + user files while using VMware and Citrix's solution. This makes the case for hybrid solutions such as Netapp FAS + Flashcache, EMC VNX + FAST, Nimble and Tintri's offering. That seems like a more scalable and cost effective approach. Flash alone for the datacenter is pricey.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.