back to article HP chairman Lane yields to 'here's you hat, what's your hurry?' pressure

Succumbing to pressure to shake up the board of directors of HP, chairman Ray Lane is stepping down from running the board. However, he said in a statement, he will remain on the HP board – even if he doesn't run it. Lane, a former hotshot at software giant Oracle and a managing partner at venture capitalist Kleiner Perkins …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Miller

Misquote

I will continue to serve HP as a director and help finish the job until my shares vest.

2. Robert E A Harvey

So

55% is not a high enough proportion to indicate confidence.

Are you listening Uhuru Kenyatta? David Cameron? François Hollande? Angela Merkel?

(Tony Bliar, John Major...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: So

This is different from a democratic election where the electorate can choose from a selection of candidates.

This is much more like the 'elections' held in dictatorships; there were only single candidates for each directorship. In these circumstances 55% is actually pretty bad.

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Trollface

Entitled, moi?

"rightful place at the pinnacle of global business"

HP .... the once and future king. Any continuity between Hewlett-Packard company and HP? Hmmm.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Turnaround?

I seem to recall this "turnaround" word being predominate in most management-speak announcements since I was ingested by HP over 12 years ago. Still waiting for it to happen.

5. ecofeco Silver badge
    Unhappy

A long fall

HP is a textbook example of empty suits destroying a once great company.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wachovia

G Kennedy Thompson, formerly CEO and chairman of financial services giant Wachovia

I believe you mean "formerly CEO and chairman of former financial services giant Wachovia, destroyed when Thompson vastly overpaid for GoldenWest shortly before the 2008 financial crash".

But no one would make that mistake twice.

This topic is closed for new posts.