You win some; you lose some. Emulex has completed its acquisition of networking analytics company Endace against the opposition of activist investor Elliott Management, but had to accept the appointment of two Elliott nominees to its board. Emulex mostly sells SAN Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) and has a line of Ethernet Converged …
Investor my ass. Their old name corporate raider is more accurate.
Re: activist investor
Two sides to every story. Just as likely is you have dead weight management more interested in keeping their fiefdoms and fat salaries instead of maximizing return to shareholders.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones