You win some; you lose some. Emulex has completed its acquisition of networking analytics company Endace against the opposition of activist investor Elliott Management, but had to accept the appointment of two Elliott nominees to its board. Emulex mostly sells SAN Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) and has a line of Ethernet Converged …
Investor my ass. Their old name corporate raider is more accurate.
Re: activist investor
Two sides to every story. Just as likely is you have dead weight management more interested in keeping their fiefdoms and fat salaries instead of maximizing return to shareholders.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE