You win some; you lose some. Emulex has completed its acquisition of networking analytics company Endace against the opposition of activist investor Elliott Management, but had to accept the appointment of two Elliott nominees to its board. Emulex mostly sells SAN Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) and has a line of Ethernet Converged …
Investor my ass. Their old name corporate raider is more accurate.
Re: activist investor
Two sides to every story. Just as likely is you have dead weight management more interested in keeping their fiefdoms and fat salaries instead of maximizing return to shareholders.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?