Popular former test cricketer David Boon is to be the face and voice of a new satnav add-on launched in Sydney today. 'Your Guide Boonie', as the system is known, is a wallet-sized unit that attaches to the car's ceiling and projects the translucent images as a heads-up display on the vehicle's windscreen. It packs enough …
I realise this may seem pedantic, but I think it should be written as 'U-ie'.
This thing is daft enought to sell by the bazillion to idiots ...
... but I reckon it's an April 1 attempt at a joke in this context.
"Ya gotta drop a yewie"
Obviously an April Fool prank as any April Fool knows, one always 'drops a wheelie' but 'chucks a yewie'.
Re: "Ya gotta drop a yewie"
One "pops a wheelie" & "pulls a U-ie" in the Southern half of the North American Continent.
U-turns are also know as "180s", and "flipping the bitch".
I'm getting one.
My local Halfords say they are getting this in stock today. Just off to buy it now.
Nice one ...
“Your Guide Boonie will be silent most of the time, indicating the driver's moves with his hands,”
And if you're stopped at the lights, will he fiddle with his box?
Will he tell you to drive at 52 km/h ?
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS