Network speed-freak Arista Networks has woven software-defined networking technologies into its operating system. The company announced on Thursday that it had integrated SDN support via OpenStack Quantum and the OpenFlow protocol into key parts of its network software, the Arista Extensible Operating System. The move sees the …
nice to see
the hypegasm around SDN has made me ill, ugh. Nice to see el reg calling it out.
Questions for SDN articles
When reporting SDN could you please make it clear if: (1) the SDN is OpenFlow or proprietary; (2) if use has royalties or revenue splitting, or requires the customer to purchase special licenses; (3) if use requires the customer to load software which is atypical for enterprise switch deployment. Thank you.
Was Mr. Parsons in charge of this project?
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star