Feeds

back to article Flasheteer Nimbus breathes on its HALO, gives it a rub

Nimbus Data has updated its all-flash array operating system, HALO, adding analytics, a REST API, and mobile phone access with HALO Mobile. HALO is Nimbus' OS that powers its Gemini, E-CLass and S-Class all-flash arrays. The analytics features include: - Real-time and historical monitoring and reporting capabilities with 200+ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

CEO is holding the company back

As brilliant as the CEO may be, he shouldn't be doing tech support, yet he has. Nimbus could have the most brilliant piece of kit around, but without a solid and dedicated staff to support it, no one will buy it. The CEO refuses to relinquish any control to anyone jr to him and its harmed the company. That's his decision, but it resonates with customers who ask around and do their due diligence when researching the company and making a decision to buy.

There is a reason talent leaves and moves to competitor with a inferior product.

Bronze badge
IT Angle

Re: CEO is holding the company back

I don't know about it but my dealings with him certainly left me thinking there might be something going on here, see my comment about the 'testing offer' (=tryout buy sales pitch) he gave us last year.

Thumb Down

Still not on the VMware compatibility list

Their excuses are getting really old; it's been 8 months, guys.

Re: Still not on the VMware compatibility list

Hi Gavin, Nimbus Data are on the VMware compatibility list for the S-Class and the E-class, we have a common software portfolio called Halo which goes across all of the product range. So it is only a matter of time for VMware to put the Gemini in the compatibility matrix.

Thumb Up

Different

Time will tell how the company scales but certainly Nimbus Data has engineered a top flight all-flash system. Plenty of storage companies flame out despite lots of VC money because they grew beyond their means and market reality. Nimbus Data is profitable and deserves kudos for cracking a unique formula to get there. And I find it hard to knock their sales approach...EMC was known for extremely tough standards (some say brutal) when it comes to salespeople, and that worked out just fine for them.

Why the Nimbus bashing here?

I am really confused by the amti nimbus data news stories on this site, as a nimbus partner who agrees with the direction nimbus are taking and genuinely impressed with everyone in the organisation I wonder if there is a personal gripe/issue inspiring these articles...

Why not get some kit running and then comment on something you have seen and used rather than conjecture??

Bronze badge
FAIL

Re: Why the Nimbus bashing here?

Aye,

good luck trying to "get some kit running" - the CEO was giving me the classic BS sales trick, putting mandatory terms *after* we already agreed on a test kit, eventually backing out of the whole agreement when I refused to sign a mandatory purchase beforehand (it was hilarious, it even sanctioned a purchase in case of being a day late beyond the 15 (!!!) test days- just think of West Coast -> East Coast -> testing -> West Coast)... he was citing lack of 'resources' if I don't have the money upfront - quite telling, obviously he even lacked the resources to keep few boxes in circulation for testing purposes (of course we did have the budget but only a complete idiot would buy into his kind of BS sales pitch about a box we haven't even seen before, it was a complete joke at the end.)

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Anonymous Coward

Re: Suspect "recruits"

Who's the genius hiring them then? Seems like the hiring manager is suspect!!

Anonymous Coward

Can't blames employees!!

Who is the one hiring all of these "losers"? When this many sales and SEs quit, there is something seriously wrong. VPs of sales don't quit after a quarter, unless the product or the culture has major issues. Where's the CTO, CMO, CFO, VP of Sales, VP of Operations or Directors? The UK is a brand new market... how long before they start leaving too? Who audits the numbers they release? How do we know they're profitable? Private companies can release whatever they want to release! Lots and lots of questions.

This topic is closed for new posts.