The deadline for Foxconn daddy Hon Hai to come up with a new deal for a stake in wheezing monitor biz Sharp has passed without the companies coming to any arrangement. Hon Hai was in talks to take as much as 9.9 per cent of the Japanese firm and a deal was first signed this time last year for ¥66.9bn ($806m, £507m). But the …
As with Sony...
Is Sharp even relevant any more? They made the better cheap stuff back in the day, but it seems they've been unseated by a lot of no-names.
Re: As with Sony...
There arent a lot of people in the panel market. Even someone with as much cash as apple would find it hard to start from scratch. Taking an existing solution that works and applying it to your own products is a cheap way of doing things. Im very surprised apple didnt "prod" foxconn into doing more.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Origins of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE fished out of SCOTTISH LAKE