For the world's most lauded open source data platform, Hadoop is remarkably difficult to use, so Tuesday brings another company slinging a tool that entices managers and analysts into fiddling with the elephant. This time it's analytics startup Platfora with the general release of its in-memory business intelligence layer atop …
Brilliant marketing concept -
1. managers can get hard ons playing directly with 'Big Data' until the next buzzword comes along
2. they never understood RDBMS and SQL anyway
3. they never figured how to create a table in Microsoft Word
So as long as the graphical user interface looks like Excel these BI guys have a license to print money
Re: Triple whammy
And the IT guys never saw the point of the queries and reports they were asked to build. Every step to seperate IT techs and management can only be a good thing for everyone involved.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can