For the world's most lauded open source data platform, Hadoop is remarkably difficult to use, so Tuesday brings another company slinging a tool that entices managers and analysts into fiddling with the elephant. This time it's analytics startup Platfora with the general release of its in-memory business intelligence layer atop …
Brilliant marketing concept -
1. managers can get hard ons playing directly with 'Big Data' until the next buzzword comes along
2. they never understood RDBMS and SQL anyway
3. they never figured how to create a table in Microsoft Word
So as long as the graphical user interface looks like Excel these BI guys have a license to print money
Re: Triple whammy
And the IT guys never saw the point of the queries and reports they were asked to build. Every step to seperate IT techs and management can only be a good thing for everyone involved.
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all