Oracle has added another network-focused tech company to its business as Ellison & Co. try to takeover the IT stacks of telecommunications companies. The acquisition of Tekelec was announced on Monday, and follows Oracle buying unified communications specialists Acme Packet for $2.1bn in early February. Oracle will add Tekelec' …
Did anyone else misread that as "Oracle grabs Teletext" and thought they'd finally won back the franchise?
Guess Ellison needs a new yacht again
"the acquisition means when they next go to look at their technology Ellison & Co will look back at them from a broader part of their stack than before"
...and with largely inflated price no doubt. Targeting products telcos already use is bit like exchequer targeting smokers.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity