Oracle has added another network-focused tech company to its business as Ellison & Co. try to takeover the IT stacks of telecommunications companies. The acquisition of Tekelec was announced on Monday, and follows Oracle buying unified communications specialists Acme Packet for $2.1bn in early February. Oracle will add Tekelec' …
Did anyone else misread that as "Oracle grabs Teletext" and thought they'd finally won back the franchise?
Guess Ellison needs a new yacht again
"the acquisition means when they next go to look at their technology Ellison & Co will look back at them from a broader part of their stack than before"
...and with largely inflated price no doubt. Targeting products telcos already use is bit like exchequer targeting smokers.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account