Oracle has added another network-focused tech company to its business as Ellison & Co. try to takeover the IT stacks of telecommunications companies. The acquisition of Tekelec was announced on Monday, and follows Oracle buying unified communications specialists Acme Packet for $2.1bn in early February. Oracle will add Tekelec' …
Did anyone else misread that as "Oracle grabs Teletext" and thought they'd finally won back the franchise?
Guess Ellison needs a new yacht again
"the acquisition means when they next go to look at their technology Ellison & Co will look back at them from a broader part of their stack than before"
...and with largely inflated price no doubt. Targeting products telcos already use is bit like exchequer targeting smokers.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple