Oracle has added another network-focused tech company to its business as Ellison & Co. try to takeover the IT stacks of telecommunications companies. The acquisition of Tekelec was announced on Monday, and follows Oracle buying unified communications specialists Acme Packet for $2.1bn in early February. Oracle will add Tekelec' …
Did anyone else misread that as "Oracle grabs Teletext" and thought they'd finally won back the franchise?
Guess Ellison needs a new yacht again
"the acquisition means when they next go to look at their technology Ellison & Co will look back at them from a broader part of their stack than before"
...and with largely inflated price no doubt. Targeting products telcos already use is bit like exchequer targeting smokers.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?