China Mobile will build 200,000 LTE base stations, covering 500 million people and costing 41.7 billion yuan, despite the fact that 4G licences won't be awarded until the end of 2013. The world's largest mobile operator is obviously confident it will get a 4G licence, though until it does the rollout is officially just a "trial …
The potential market certainly isn't 700 million
It's maybe 1/10th of that, the fraction of the population rich enough to be able to afford to run a smart phone.
Did anyone get fired for approving TD-SCDMA spectrum support?
I see that China Mobile has the same corporate governance as Wall Street firms; display epic incompetence, get a promotion & chuckle out loud.
Appears Apple is waiting on Qualcomm's baseband chip support for 40-band LTE for a global iPhone, so China Mobile can finally join the iPhone subsidy party...
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests