Amazon has signed a contract with the CIA that will see Bezos and Co. help the intelligence agency build a big yellow cloud, according to reports. The news, if true, would mark Amazon's graduation to the elite set of major OEMs that have aided intelligence organizations, putting AWS's alleged spook cloud alongside IBM's Nazi- …
Bye bye Amazon..
There goes the last chance for Amazon to supply any service in Europe..
"...helps the agency keep up with emerging technologies like big data "
I don't know if that is really a sensible plan. Finding worthwhile intel in ever-increasing mountains of crap is going to become very difficult.
Re: "...helps the agency keep up with emerging technologies like big data "
Nonsense. There will be plenty of data to crawl, right next door...
Pretty convenient having all those businesses move their core processes & IP to Amazon's servers...and now a government agency known for playing outside the rules is setting up shop nearby. Coincidence? I think not.
Of course, it will not be the leaked information from Lockheed's latest R&D, graciously given to the Chinese by a Senator's aide for a fair price, that creates the untameable scandal. No, it will be when some major merger falls through because everyone and their dog knows about certain insider information that just refused to remain in the hands of the high-level financial types it was originally released to in the interests of 'national security' that brings forth the calls for reforms...but not to reform too completely, or too quickly.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court