Non-practising entity VirnetX has had its patent case against Cisco dumped by a Texas jury, meaning it won't be seeing any of the $US258 million it had demanded of the networking giant. The low-profile company with links to the national security community via Science Applications International Corp issued its demands in 2010, …
Is there a weather station in Hell?
I think someone will need to send some blankets down to poor freezing Satan soon.
American Judiciary is losing its edge
Two sane judgements in less than a week! Unbelievable!!!
...VirnetX won a $368 million damages award against Apple last November in front of the same judge and using the same patent claims -- just a different jury -- as the Cisco case. This time around, the judge simply strategised a bit better, so the jury found VirnetX's secure networking patents to be valid, just that Cisco hadn't infringed on any of them. Small victory for troll hunters, really.
Security Applications International?
Science Applications International sounds more like it.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers