SoftLayer's public cloud business has IBM and EMC sniffing around for a reported $2bn buyout as both companies look to bolster their own networks. IBM has made no secret of its plans to build up its cloud computing and storage business. And EMC's server virtualization and cloud controller minion VMware said earlier this week …
There's Goes the Neighborhood
If you love bureaucracy, you're going to love this buyout.
Re: There's Goes the Neighborhood
Well if either of the companies slated buy it, it's going to end basically all of their current operations which is going to be hilarious for some of their biggest customers, e.g. like us.
I can't see IBM /or/ EMC continuing most of their current services. Unless what they're really trying to do is say, compete with Amazon. Which will be odd.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?