SoftLayer's public cloud business has IBM and EMC sniffing around for a reported $2bn buyout as both companies look to bolster their own networks. IBM has made no secret of its plans to build up its cloud computing and storage business. And EMC's server virtualization and cloud controller minion VMware said earlier this week …
There's Goes the Neighborhood
If you love bureaucracy, you're going to love this buyout.
Re: There's Goes the Neighborhood
Well if either of the companies slated buy it, it's going to end basically all of their current operations which is going to be hilarious for some of their biggest customers, e.g. like us.
I can't see IBM /or/ EMC continuing most of their current services. Unless what they're really trying to do is say, compete with Amazon. Which will be odd.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun