SoftLayer's public cloud business has IBM and EMC sniffing around for a reported $2bn buyout as both companies look to bolster their own networks. IBM has made no secret of its plans to build up its cloud computing and storage business. And EMC's server virtualization and cloud controller minion VMware said earlier this week …
There's Goes the Neighborhood
If you love bureaucracy, you're going to love this buyout.
Re: There's Goes the Neighborhood
Well if either of the companies slated buy it, it's going to end basically all of their current operations which is going to be hilarious for some of their biggest customers, e.g. like us.
I can't see IBM /or/ EMC continuing most of their current services. Unless what they're really trying to do is say, compete with Amazon. Which will be odd.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?