SoftLayer's public cloud business has IBM and EMC sniffing around for a reported $2bn buyout as both companies look to bolster their own networks. IBM has made no secret of its plans to build up its cloud computing and storage business. And EMC's server virtualization and cloud controller minion VMware said earlier this week …
There's Goes the Neighborhood
If you love bureaucracy, you're going to love this buyout.
Re: There's Goes the Neighborhood
Well if either of the companies slated buy it, it's going to end basically all of their current operations which is going to be hilarious for some of their biggest customers, e.g. like us.
I can't see IBM /or/ EMC continuing most of their current services. Unless what they're really trying to do is say, compete with Amazon. Which will be odd.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court