Oracle has started touring the world, throwing “CloudWorld” events at which it explains it’s not late to the cloud, but took its own sweet time getting there in good shape. That was the message at the Sydney event today, where the Big O’s chief communications officer Bob Evans predicted 2013’s “dumbest idea” has already been …
How does Oracle still sell anything? I think fog rather than cloud is in everything they do....
Are you just saying the same propaganda comment against every Oracle story?
Bob Evans speaks
Uh huh. Bob Evans says the dumbest idea of 2013 has already been uttered - and that Oracle is all over the cloud.
This is the same Bob Evans who wrote a series of articles for SAP criticising Oracle about it's strategies and calling out its behaviour on, among other things, the cloud:
He sounds like someone whose comments we should take extremely seriously - his opinion clearly isn't determined by who pays his paycheck.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean