AMD has released its latest A-Series laptop chips, codenamed "Richland" and replacing the "Trinity" chips released last spring. Is it a giant leap from Trinity to Richland? Well, no, but the new chips are clearly a step forward – if, in some cases, only incrementally. Before we dig into Richland's upgrades, a refresher course …
Not bad as a bulletin but no real meat to this article.
Still, Anand Lal Shimpi will review it before long, hopefully.
... are "mostly harmless"
This is a nice improvement
Increased frequencies and lower power consumption for portables is all good.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...