Red Hat has announced that it is assuming the leadership of the OpenJDK 6 community, just days after Oracle issued what it said would be the final patch for version 6 of its commercial Java SE 6 Development Kit. Oracle posted JDK 6 Update 43 on Monday as an emergency patch for the latest in a series of severe vulnerabilities …
Re: Java 7
Big task. To maintain Java you need to develop it for Windows, OSX and Linux. You can't pick sides.
Doesn't Oracle Linux track RHEL?
Hmmm, I wonder if bugfixes in java 6 could be pushed forward to 7. I have this rather amusing vision of everyone abandoning 7 and going back to 6 as it becomes steadily more reliable and secure.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Apple releases iOS 7.1 update in response to cars, complaints, vomit