Red Hat has announced that it is assuming the leadership of the OpenJDK 6 community, just days after Oracle issued what it said would be the final patch for version 6 of its commercial Java SE 6 Development Kit. Oracle posted JDK 6 Update 43 on Monday as an emergency patch for the latest in a series of severe vulnerabilities …
Re: Java 7
Big task. To maintain Java you need to develop it for Windows, OSX and Linux. You can't pick sides.
Doesn't Oracle Linux track RHEL?
Hmmm, I wonder if bugfixes in java 6 could be pushed forward to 7. I have this rather amusing vision of everyone abandoning 7 and going back to 6 as it becomes steadily more reliable and secure.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia