Red Hat has announced that it is assuming the leadership of the OpenJDK 6 community, just days after Oracle issued what it said would be the final patch for version 6 of its commercial Java SE 6 Development Kit. Oracle posted JDK 6 Update 43 on Monday as an emergency patch for the latest in a series of severe vulnerabilities …
Re: Java 7
Big task. To maintain Java you need to develop it for Windows, OSX and Linux. You can't pick sides.
Doesn't Oracle Linux track RHEL?
Hmmm, I wonder if bugfixes in java 6 could be pushed forward to 7. I have this rather amusing vision of everyone abandoning 7 and going back to 6 as it becomes steadily more reliable and secure.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search