Red Hat has announced that it is assuming the leadership of the OpenJDK 6 community, just days after Oracle issued what it said would be the final patch for version 6 of its commercial Java SE 6 Development Kit. Oracle posted JDK 6 Update 43 on Monday as an emergency patch for the latest in a series of severe vulnerabilities …
Re: Java 7
Big task. To maintain Java you need to develop it for Windows, OSX and Linux. You can't pick sides.
Doesn't Oracle Linux track RHEL?
Hmmm, I wonder if bugfixes in java 6 could be pushed forward to 7. I have this rather amusing vision of everyone abandoning 7 and going back to 6 as it becomes steadily more reliable and secure.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY