Red Hat has announced that it is assuming the leadership of the OpenJDK 6 community, just days after Oracle issued what it said would be the final patch for version 6 of its commercial Java SE 6 Development Kit. Oracle posted JDK 6 Update 43 on Monday as an emergency patch for the latest in a series of severe vulnerabilities …
Re: Java 7
Big task. To maintain Java you need to develop it for Windows, OSX and Linux. You can't pick sides.
Doesn't Oracle Linux track RHEL?
Hmmm, I wonder if bugfixes in java 6 could be pushed forward to 7. I have this rather amusing vision of everyone abandoning 7 and going back to 6 as it becomes steadily more reliable and secure.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs