Feeds

back to article Carrie Fisher dusts off THAT bikini for Star Wars VII

Carrie Fisher has confirmed she'll be resurrecting Princess Leia for the forthcoming Star Wars VII, teasing that fans will once again be treated to 'the bagel buns and the bikini' which defined the character. Carrie Fisher in Return of the Jedi This is the princess you're looking for Asked to describe Leia today, some 30 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Coat

"Elderly"?

Perhaps not a spring chicken, but I think Carrie Fisher still looks pretty damn hot. If they age Leia to match the actress, she will still be able to get a few pulses racing.

Mine's the dirty old mac, with the suspicious stains down the front ....

Thumb Up

Re: "Elderly"?

*nerdgasm*

I just had one.

Unhappy

"I think Carrie Fisher still looks pretty damn hot."

Really? Here she is with a couple of friends a year ago:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1141945600/nm0000402

O.O

Silver badge
Happy

When 400 years old she is, look so good, she will not...

Anonymous Coward

Maybe not "pretty damn hot", and at least a couple of decades on me, but I wouldn't say no.

Anonymous Coward

Hopefully she will have a speaking part, otherwise she might get mistaken for Yoda.

Bronze badge

Agreed, I remember seeing her on a show last year speaking of Star Wars and her possible (at the time) upcoming role.

She's gotten fat, so I think we can forget the sexy bikini version of her, unless she REALLY takes up some Hollywood miracle diet. She hasn't acted in quite a while either, so a few classes would help get back into the roll.

I'm sure I'll get some DV but, damn, seriously, "she still looks good"?

Maybe after several drinks.....dark room.....closing time.......

Meh

"Maybe not "pretty damn hot", and at least a couple of decades on me, but I wouldn't say no."

I would. I don't see anything particularly attractive about her these days - maybe if I was the same age, but even then I see plenty of women her age that are more attractive than she is.

Anonymous Coward

Isn't it incredible what they can do with CGI these days... ;-)

Paris Hilton

Zaphod, I think this would be a more appropriate picture for use on El Reg...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4187790080/nm0000402

Facepalm

Tell you what. YOU tell Mrs. Crenshaw from the movie Sorority Row that she doesn't look hot when she's pointing that shotgun in YOUR face.

I will tell her ANYTHING she wants to hear.

Thumb Up

"Zaphod, I think this would be a more appropriate picture for use on El Reg...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4187790080/nm0000402"

Well played, 4ecks, well played!

Anonymous Coward

I would have said no 30 years ago. Nothing special other than the part imo.

This post has been deleted by its author

Stop

@Beeblebrox

Zaphod is just this guy, you know. He would be having the sex mit his own granny, don't be giving him the upvotes, it vill only encourage him!

Thumb Down

Elbows too pointy eh?

Elderly or not, fat or not you still would wouldnt you though? Just so you could tell your mates.

Bronze badge
Thumb Up

This may be the first Star Wars I see with my eyes closed the entire time.

Silver badge

She's gotten fat, so I think we can forget the sexy bikini version of her, unless she REALLY takes up some Hollywood miracle diet

You know I can't help but find that quite sad. I've always found her to be very pretty - she has a beautiful face and eyes and well curves - and is in her mid-fifties so not much older than Harrison Ford back then, if my back of the wank-mag calculations are anything to go by, certainly not past it. I'm sure the Lithium doesn't help with the weight but it doesn't matter that much, surely?

Geriatrics in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE !

Well, with JJ at the helm lots of things will go BOOM, that's for sure.

Silver badge
Joke

But you won't see them for Lens Flare.

</bandwagon>

Coat

with JJ at the helm

I would imagine the film will be popular and make money --- compared to the cost v/s revenue of prior SW films that were only about money with no story.

Thank the Midichloria's that the SW legacy may yet live.

Not for profit??

I wonder if following the sale of Starwars for 4 billion, Return of The Jedi made a profit, and Darth Vader has actually been paid his salary now?

Silver badge

Re: Not for profit??

No the accountants billed the cost of construction for an actual death star to the movie - so it's still a bazillion $ in debt.

Mushroom

It won't matter what she wears or looks like as

there will be lens flare. Lots of lens flare.

Thumb Up

With a bit of CGI...

All those wrinkles will be smoothed out and her Jedi norks will be back were they were in 1983 in no time.

But anyway, who seriously wouldn't give her one just so they could say they shagged Princess Leia?

Bronze badge

Re: With a bit of CGI...

I believe she mentioned this phenomenon, "who seriously wouldn't give her one just so they could say they shagged Princess Leia?" as one of the reasons she had trouble having a lasting relationship. Can't remember where I saw the interview........

Rob
Bronze badge

I don't know when she made that remark but if it was about the time she was filming then being off her head on copious amounts of coke could have also been a reason her relationships didn't work out.

Bronze badge

Re: With a bit of CGI...copious amounts of coke

I have read that about her in the past, she really went downhill after SW. A shame too, because as Leia, she was hot.

Anonymous Coward

Maybe just a blow-job with her teeth out, then

..I'm going to Hell for that one. Now I know why Anakin joined the dark side.

Silver badge
Devil

Not as hot as when she was in the Blues Brothers.

There's something about a cute girl with heavy weaponry I find frighteningly irresistable.

Headmaster

uh...you don't have wrinkles when you a overweight.

I know!!!

Mushroom

Rob,

I got confused for a moment - I read coke as cock.

Had a spasm.

Thumb Up

There's something about a cute girl with heavy weaponry I find frighteningly irresistable.

Especially when said heavy weaponry includes a bazooka/RPG...

Lensflares

Perhaps JJ's plan is to blind the audience with the lighting ala Star Trek so we can't even notice how old the original actors are.

Alien

Re: Lensflares

Darren - we all age....thing is will YOU still have fans when you are over 40? BITCH!

Silver badge
Trollface

Hollywood Personal Fitness Trainers........

...are all sat by their phones waiting for the call of the century.

Weirdly I'd forgotten how good looking Carrie Fisher was back in the day... I just looked up some pics for research purposes!

Anonymous Coward

If you want to continue the research you may want to look up Kirsten Bell in Leia's bikini

@Gavin

"Weirdly I'd forgotten how good looking Carrie Fisher was back in the day"

I hadn't forgotten. Ever. I remember the real and only Star Wars (Episode IV) back when I was 9 and still think ... Wow!

Colin

Silver badge

Ah, the usual sloped foreheads in this comments section, eh?

And goddamn, this film sounds more and more like a disaster every time I hear about it.

Bronze badge
Gimp

Are you kidding? Star wars has nowhere to go but up, and I'm amazed that they managed to get the big three back. I didn't know that Abrams was even going to try - I'm pretty sure Ford has done a "when hell freezes over" thing when asked about participating in a star wars movie before.

Considering that there hasn't been a star wars movie in 30 years (snort), I'm looking forward to the revival.

Bronze badge

I never understood what was so special on a film where the heros are:

+ A trigger-happy but incompetent drug smuggler

+ A dubious "princess" with a "trailer park" clothing style

+ A hillybilly

+ An eremit from the desert

All fleeing the law and killing people left and right.

Thumb Up

Ouch!

"Considering that there hasn't been a star wars movie in 30 years (snort), I'm looking forward to the revival."

Claws in, kitten. Or Rancor monster, Wampa or whatever.

I'd like to say you were wrong but, sadly, you're not.

Colin

Silver badge

Downvote away, fanboys. It won't change the reality that the Star Wars franchise hasn't put out anything worthwhile in a loooooooong time.

But then the franchise was always rather massively overrated...

I read the book ...

"All fleeing the law and killing people left and right."

In Lucas' original novel (if that's not too flattering a description) of Star Wars, the introduction is in the Journal of the Whills and appended by Senator Leia Organa. It says

"They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally, they became heroes."

MMeier, I understand with what you say. Take a 20 year old farm boy, give him a gun and he'll happily shoot (what he perceives as) the bad guys, then blow up their space station home (presumably killing thousands of other bad guys) without showing a shred of guilt.

Strange morals they have in a galaxy, far far away.

Colin

Silver badge
Childcatcher

Re: I read the book ...

"Strange morals they have in a galaxy, far far away."

Funny, that, considering the movie was made in a time when moral and political ramifications weren't the be-all-and-end-all of what should be in a movie. Things were simpler then. You had good guys and you had bad guys. Bad guys do bad things, good guys get together and fight them, bad guys die, flee, or repent, and everyone lives happily ever after, or at least until the sequel.

These days a movie maker has to consider all the moral and political implications of every little thing, because otherwise some nitpicker somewhere will be offended and make a huge song and dance about it...

Silver badge
Trollface

"I never understood what was so special..."

Indeed. But enough about Serenity - what did you think of Star Wars?

Bronze badge
Happy

Appeal to Star Wars

Guten Tag Herr (oder Frau) Meier

Here is my answer to your bewilderment:

1. Remember that most the commenters saw the first 3 Star Wars movies in their preprubescent - pubescent years.

2. The storyline features clear distinctions between goodies and baddies. This greatly appeals to children.

3. There hadn't been too many cowboy movies (if any) in space before. Being first is good. Star Trek had been around 10 years before but on TV. Star Trek is also beloved by this generation.

4. There are cool weapons. The protagonists have evener cooler ones. Many boys in their forties can still clearly remember the swoosh sound made by the lightsaber.

5. There were impressive (for the day) special effects. Who cares if there is no noise in space (with the exception of Strauss)? Big spaceships and bigger explosions greatly impressed at the time.

6. Harrison Ford [1] and Darth Vader were breakout characters. The latter the best embodiment of badass we had witnessed. His quotes are still used to this day. The former is charismatic and went on to great things in the Indiana Jones' movies.

7. The storyline is relatively simple and linear with hints that there is more to know.

I suspect that if I had seen Star Wars as an adult, I might have thought of it as a cute childrens' film. In retrospect, my teenage self began to find The Return of the Jedi a bit too predictable.

[1] a.k.a The Carpenter to the Stars

Silver badge
Coat

@mmeier

Somehow I don't think the remakes are going to feature a robe wearing desert dwelling religous faction of "freedom fighters" flying an aircraft into an official senate approved death star and blowing it up.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.