For some things you need DRAM, but for everything else there's flash. At least that's the message Facebook gave on Tuesday when it took the wraps off 'McDipper', a technology the social network has developed to let it save on memory and get more out of its flash. In a post to the Facebook engineering blog that is sure to get …
Hark! I hear the distant rumblings of a gavel (Anyone think of a better collective noun for lawyers?) of Mcdonalds lawyers coming.
Re: Increase your RAM using the HARD DISK!
>>> Why are new computers often still stuck on 4 gig of RAM?
Because it keeps the costs down, and most people don't need that much anyway.
fusion io with memcache
haven't needed it myself but for those who need a more generic memcached for flash
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...