For some things you need DRAM, but for everything else there's flash. At least that's the message Facebook gave on Tuesday when it took the wraps off 'McDipper', a technology the social network has developed to let it save on memory and get more out of its flash. In a post to the Facebook engineering blog that is sure to get …
Hark! I hear the distant rumblings of a gavel (Anyone think of a better collective noun for lawyers?) of Mcdonalds lawyers coming.
Re: Increase your RAM using the HARD DISK!
>>> Why are new computers often still stuck on 4 gig of RAM?
Because it keeps the costs down, and most people don't need that much anyway.
fusion io with memcache
haven't needed it myself but for those who need a more generic memcached for flash
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes