For some things you need DRAM, but for everything else there's flash. At least that's the message Facebook gave on Tuesday when it took the wraps off 'McDipper', a technology the social network has developed to let it save on memory and get more out of its flash. In a post to the Facebook engineering blog that is sure to get …
Hark! I hear the distant rumblings of a gavel (Anyone think of a better collective noun for lawyers?) of Mcdonalds lawyers coming.
Re: Increase your RAM using the HARD DISK!
>>> Why are new computers often still stuck on 4 gig of RAM?
Because it keeps the costs down, and most people don't need that much anyway.
fusion io with memcache
haven't needed it myself but for those who need a more generic memcached for flash
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland