For some things you need DRAM, but for everything else there's flash. At least that's the message Facebook gave on Tuesday when it took the wraps off 'McDipper', a technology the social network has developed to let it save on memory and get more out of its flash. In a post to the Facebook engineering blog that is sure to get …
Hark! I hear the distant rumblings of a gavel (Anyone think of a better collective noun for lawyers?) of Mcdonalds lawyers coming.
Re: Increase your RAM using the HARD DISK!
>>> Why are new computers often still stuck on 4 gig of RAM?
Because it keeps the costs down, and most people don't need that much anyway.
fusion io with memcache
haven't needed it myself but for those who need a more generic memcached for flash
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA