For some things you need DRAM, but for everything else there's flash. At least that's the message Facebook gave on Tuesday when it took the wraps off 'McDipper', a technology the social network has developed to let it save on memory and get more out of its flash. In a post to the Facebook engineering blog that is sure to get …
Hark! I hear the distant rumblings of a gavel (Anyone think of a better collective noun for lawyers?) of Mcdonalds lawyers coming.
Re: Increase your RAM using the HARD DISK!
>>> Why are new computers often still stuck on 4 gig of RAM?
Because it keeps the costs down, and most people don't need that much anyway.
fusion io with memcache
haven't needed it myself but for those who need a more generic memcached for flash
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies