back to article Microsoft acquires cloud monitor MetricsHub

Microsoft has bought a cloud monitoring and automation company and made its technology free on Windows Azure. Redmond announced on Monday it had acquired MetricsHub, and in the same post said the company's Active Cloud Monitoring technology is immediately available for free to all Windows Azure customers. The borging of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Redmond announced on Monday it had acquired MetricsHub, and in the same post said the company's Active Cloud Monitoring technology is immediately available for free to all Windows Azure customers."

Does it look for certificates that are expiring soon. Microsoft really needs something like that to manage the service offering they want others to use.

1. TheVogon
      Mushroom

I suspect that has already been fixed as a rather high priority item. Obviously some system somewhere overlooked something rather badly....As Azure no doubt uses hundreds or thousands of certs, I suspect there is a specific underlying reason in this case - as it was storage related, maybe it was a cert on a storage vendor's product rather than on an OS. Microsoft normally publish their internal RCA, so i'm sure we will know the details soon....

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Still shows in that you shouldn't trust them when they can't keep their systems running.

This is not the first time they have had an expired cert. So it obviously wasn't a high priority let alone learning from their mistake.

Does it matter where the cert was? Microsoft bought and manages the equipment; the buck stops there.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like