Feeds

back to article Microsoft embraces Android with Azure Mobile Services update

Microsoft has added support for Android apps into Windows Azure Mobile Services, letting developers programmatically add authentication and push notifications. The updates were announced by Microsoft on Tuesday, and follow Google's release of a similar range of mobile updates for its cloud in mid-February. To let Azure support …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Anonymous Coward

Azure has supported multiple platforms for ages. It's not a Microsoft toolset only service.

MS needs Android more than Android needs MS? What planet did you arrive from? Whilst it's good for Microsoft that wide use of their technology in Android brings in a nice revenue stream, it's hardly more than a blip in their sales figures in the bigger picture.....

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Anonymous Coward

MS interoperate with many systems just fine, just because you don't know how doesn't mean they don't.

Anonymous Coward

A reluctant E1

E2 and E3 not on the horizon as far as I can see. Gosh they'll support things like calDAV on their Windows phones next

Silver badge

Good. The more interoperability these services have the better. Then they can compete properly on service quality, cost and ease of use rather than just vendor lock-in.

Bronze badge
Thumb Up

The balance of power...

... is certainly shifting: "may we live in interesting times"

I also wonder how much resistance there was before Microsoft "officially" endorsed Monogame as XNA's successor as well (or, more likely "XNA's dead... wait, what do you mean all our indie XNA devs are now going to switch to Monogame and publish on iOS and Android? Oh shiiiiiii......")

It looks like Microsoft - despite the best efforts of some - are beginning to realise that things cannot continue as they were and they've got to change their ways to survive. And survive, I hope they do - I have no desire for the next big IT monopoly to be the ones who decided that photographing huge swathes of the world - and nicking all the wifi details they could while at it - was a good idea.

This topic is closed for new posts.