So EMC has finally announced the VMAX Cloud Edition: which according to this blogger is an iteration that has little to do with technology and everything to do with the way that EMC wants us to consume storage. Firstly, let's discuss the cost model - in many ways the most important part of the announcement. EMC has now moved to …
And I hope your right!
The SME market for SAN's needs a big shakeup, if EMC can bring some of their "Enterprise" features to the SME market for a reasonable cost then they will have a winner.. I've been fortunate to recently purchase a VNX 5300 with all the trimming and I can only say its blown me away, but like a crackhead I now need more (for my other racks). The only way I'll swing that is by EMC becoming more price competitive - Usually this is something I rely upon Dell to do, but their Storage sales provide very high profit margins and its not something they are willing to dent.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015