So EMC has finally announced the VMAX Cloud Edition: which according to this blogger is an iteration that has little to do with technology and everything to do with the way that EMC wants us to consume storage. Firstly, let's discuss the cost model - in many ways the most important part of the announcement. EMC has now moved to …
And I hope your right!
The SME market for SAN's needs a big shakeup, if EMC can bring some of their "Enterprise" features to the SME market for a reasonable cost then they will have a winner.. I've been fortunate to recently purchase a VNX 5300 with all the trimming and I can only say its blown me away, but like a crackhead I now need more (for my other racks). The only way I'll swing that is by EMC becoming more price competitive - Usually this is something I rely upon Dell to do, but their Storage sales provide very high profit margins and its not something they are willing to dent.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base