Trivia time: What was the reason for Microsoft's first-ever loss? The answer is the $US6.2 billion the company splashed on ad technology company aQuantive back in 2007, which by last July was judged a sufficiently dud investment that Redmond wrote it off, resulting in a loss for the quarter. What to make then of the fact that …
Actually, the more adds they serve to their users, the better. This just will accelerate the demise of the complete and utter advertising horror Facebook is becoming. Good.
This is even scarier: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-28/facebook-ads-based-on-browsing-challenge-google.html
It's like some one is watching you in real-time when you are browsing!
"It's like some one is watching you in real-time when you are browsing!"
No they're not. Thanks Ghostery & my own foresight not to buy in to the FB craze.
If it's anything like Pubcenter...
Then Facebook have just bought a turkey!
So, did MS make a profit not?
MS buy a company, it fails, they write off the entire value as a loss against their tax bill. Then they sell off a proportion of the "valueless" company.
This must affect their tax bill in some way. On the other hand, maybe it was a token payment. There's no mention of how much Facebook paid in the article or the two parties press releases.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast