Google has released a Chrome Experiment, titled Chrome Super Sync Sports, that turns mobile devices into controllers for games in which the action takes place on a PC’s screen. The games offer simple running, cycling and swimming variants, none of which are conceptually too far beyond the “mash a button as fast as you can” genre …
I presume that Chrome is being used simply because it is a Google Gadget and that they would like us to believe Chrome is the essential piece of equipment !!!
I can't see many reasons for not using Android to do the same thing.
These biased articles make me shudder.....
Because some people have iPhones
If it works with any Chrome, iPhone users can also play.
I mistakenly read Chrome as being Chrome OS instead of Chrome Browser.
There are games online that have been doing this for awhile
There are a number of games online that can use an iPhone or Android phone as a controller for a web based game. They use the browser of the phone in the same way as discussed in this article. One example - http://thenextweb.com/apps/2012/03/24/control-this-desktop-space-invaders-game-with-your-iphone/
turns that phone or table into a games controller?! WOW, that's some amazing tech right there! A chipboard organic material turned games controller!!
Re: chipboard organic
Have Waitrose started selling DIY stuff or something? Organic chipboard!? What next, free range Polyfiller?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN