Feeds

back to article Google builds web games using Chrome on mobes as controller

Google has released a Chrome Experiment, titled Chrome Super Sync Sports, that turns mobile devices into controllers for games in which the action takes place on a PC’s screen. The games offer simple running, cycling and swimming variants, none of which are conceptually too far beyond the “mash a button as fast as you can” genre …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Why Chrome

I presume that Chrome is being used simply because it is a Google Gadget and that they would like us to believe Chrome is the essential piece of equipment !!!

I can't see many reasons for not using Android to do the same thing.

These biased articles make me shudder.....

Silver badge
Holmes

Because some people have iPhones

If it works with any Chrome, iPhone users can also play.

Silver badge

Mea Culpa

I mistakenly read Chrome as being Chrome OS instead of Chrome Browser.

My bad

There are games online that have been doing this for awhile

There are a number of games online that can use an iPhone or Android phone as a controller for a web based game. They use the browser of the phone in the same way as discussed in this article. One example - http://thenextweb.com/apps/2012/03/24/control-this-desktop-space-invaders-game-with-your-iphone/

Bronze badge

WOW

turns that phone or table into a games controller?! WOW, that's some amazing tech right there! A chipboard organic material turned games controller!!

Joke

Re: chipboard organic

Have Waitrose started selling DIY stuff or something? Organic chipboard!? What next, free range Polyfiller?

This topic is closed for new posts.