It seems software-defined storage is the storage world's "cloud", and Nexenta is bang on trend. The ZFS storage array software firm's CEO, Evan Powell, is now stepping aside to become chief strategy officer in the wake of a fourth funding round of $24m, and investors must be hoping the appointment of a seasoned CEO will take the …
All the best..
I wish them all the best with this, Nexenta have been around for a long time and deserve their big break. My only hope is, they don't forget their roots.
If they're Software-Defined Storage, then so is every Linux ISO image out there. Heck, what's Windows Storage Server 2012 if not this?
Yes, they are software based storage layers (Or rather CAN be) - do you have a point?
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland