Storage biz Xyratex is polishing its high-performance computing credentials by acquiring the Lustre trademark, logo, website and associated intellectual property from Oracle. Xyratex said it will support Lustre's community-oriented development. Lustre is an open-source cluster file system popular in supercomputer land. Once upon …
Lets hope the cluster bluster does not end like Custer
Sorry, I'll get me coat
The blue one with the cavalry sabre, please
Xyratex's expects to connect its objects and affect Intel's complex projects.
Darth Oracle, the more you tighten your grip the more software assets will slip thru your fingers.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you