National tax collection agencies were among the first organizations in the world to use IBM, Sperry, Burroughs, and other mainframes, and despite all the grumbling and grousing over the high costs of these venerable box, they have invested a fortune in COBOL applications and it is not so easy to ditch the mainframe as it might …
Unisys - are they still alive?
I'm amazed. I thought they were dead long ago.
Re: Unisys - are they still alive?
Me too, IBM mainframe seems to be alive too.
Why don't we see a clearpath or Z enterprise at Starbucks tables?
I can't forgive them...
they made me redundant in the early 90's from the Bristol office when I turned down a move to Milton Keynes - the office wsn't closing then, I think it may have been constructive dismissal - but at the time I was so naive concerning the machinations of the IT industry.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs