Feeds

back to article Not so fast, BlackBerry. Now Samsung wants your tasty biz mobe pie

Samsung is touting a new package called KNOX that attempts to split an Android device in two separate halves, one for business and the other for personal use. Fresh from tussling with Apple for global smartphone supremacy, the South Koreans are now ready to tear into BlackBerry and invade its home turf of enterprise users. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Joke

Subtitle

This is a blatant plagiarism of my personal motto. You will be hearing from my lawyers.

Bronze badge
Joke

Re: Subtitle

They stole your motto, your mullet, and your name..

It's time to take Samsung to the cleaners. Maybe you can get another $1.05 Billion out of 'em.

Silver badge

Re: Subtitle

It's a big ask that it will only work with Samsung, so where does that leave the Bring Your Own brigade? Will your Boss require you to upgrade your phone to a Samsung?

A cross platform approach would be much better and they already exist.

Anonymous Coward

Good ?

Good for Enterprise client already does this on Android. Good Technology will also work with iOS and BB

Silver badge

Re: Good ?

And even WP.

Silver badge

BOOM! Shot across the bow, baby!

How d'ya like them Apples, Tim Cock?

Re: BOOM! Shot across the bow, baby!

Come on now...this is not the place for that.

Unless its sarcasm...we love that!

Off target

I don't care about separate personal and corporate; give me an alternative to encrypted comms and BES so CESG will approve something other than blackberry devices for mobile email... it's actually why I'm praying that BB10 will fail and the company go bust so they HAVE to approve something else :)

Re: Off target

To be fair, that possibly has as much to do with CESG and the reluctance of sponsors to push something new as with technology as a whole...

(Perhaps that's your point: while BB exists, inertia rules).

Bronze badge
Thumb Down

@matt52

You've got to be kidding. If BlackBerry disappears that doesn't automatically mean that CESG will certify something else, far from it. Apple, Samsung or who ever would still have to pay them to certify their products. And there's a big step between the few brief details we have here and a shiny certificate. Android in particular will be problematic with its anarchistic ecosystem, whether or not it has domain integration.

Apple and Google have concentrated on the consumer market; it's much bigger than the enterprise market. That's why they've not really bothered asking CESG to give it the once over.

Big Brother

It's no secret that Sammy have been spending time with the doughnut and looks like this could be the result. Would be nice to have choice.

Bronze badge
Stop

But does it play snake?

Anonymous Coward

er...

Trouble is it's an Android phone. The main BB selling point is it's security - assuming they keep it. I'll stick with BB personally. Don't trust Andy Roid.

Bronze badge
Coffee/keyboard

Re: er...

Oh here it was because when it was new (We got them when they were blueberry shaped and mobile handsets couldnt use our existing mail system in such a convenient way).

Meh

The more the merrier in the Enterprise space

If Samsung ups its game and especially gets going on some decent management tools, it forces RIM to keep innovating and Apple to do more than pretend they give a toss about corporate.

As for the SAFE models - these ones won't have a world-write driver permission just so the camera works... right?

This topic is closed for new posts.