EMC has accomplished a remarkable bit of inter-species husbandry, marrying the Hadoop elephant to a Greenplum to birth an SQL-speaking Hawq. The Hadoop big-data muncher has been sitting side-by-side with relational databases used in transaction processing and data warehousing systems, but they speak very different languages. …
MPP DBMS + HDFS Integration Is A Winner
Will all the SQL jockies out there just be lowly analysts again, rather than 'data scientists' ;-)
A big 'well done' to Scott and the team at Greenplum on this major milestone.
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...