EMC has accomplished a remarkable bit of inter-species husbandry, marrying the Hadoop elephant to a Greenplum to birth an SQL-speaking Hawq. The Hadoop big-data muncher has been sitting side-by-side with relational databases used in transaction processing and data warehousing systems, but they speak very different languages. …
MPP DBMS + HDFS Integration Is A Winner
Will all the SQL jockies out there just be lowly analysts again, rather than 'data scientists' ;-)
A big 'well done' to Scott and the team at Greenplum on this major milestone.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court