Australian Information Commissioner Professor John McMillan has released the results of a survey into government attitudes towards, and adoption of, open government and found more needs to be done to embrace the content. He also calls for a substantial redevelopment of data.gov.au to realise open government policy. Available …
"...and found more needs to be done to embrace the content."
In other news, papal candidates profess Catholicism and bruin faeces discovered in arboreal environs.
Seriously, neither of the 2 major parties are going to go willingly down this path. The ALP will have factional fights about it and the L/NP won't like it because underneath the party name of 'Liberal', they're very conservative at heart.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'